Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pete The Cat

We went to art and we decorated our sketch books.- Natalie

We read the book, Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes We made a Glyph of Pete the Cat. - Delaney

(A glyph is a type of pictograph to show different data. Our Pete the Cat's all looked different because of the way we answered our data.)

We graphed how many letters are in each of our names and then wrote about the data.- Delaney

We practiced our handwriting for the letters K and L.- Ciklali

I was the calendar helper and we have 174 days left of school.- Camden

We counted on a ten frame in math.- Grant

I had a taco, pears, and corn for lunch- Katelyn

We listened and sang along with the song that goes with the Pete the Cat.- The whole class
You can listen yourself at this link: Pete the Cat Song

8 comments:

  1. Natalie's first brush with Pete was on my lap at B&N a couple of years ago. She told me about the story today and was tickled when I could tell her about strawberry and blueberry colored shoes. What a great story. Faye Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great!!! Thanks for your comment! -mrs. Glover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madison had me listen to the story/song about Pete and his white shoes. What a great story and moral for the kids to learn. Madison has been singing this song since she got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. I'm glad you got to listen to it. :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun day! Grant seems to be so much more excited about his school days this year than last. Thanks so much for putting fun into learning!!--Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! I'm glad Grant is enjoying school. :)

      Delete
  5. First thing out of Caden's mouth yesterday... can we listen to the Pete the cat song on your phone??? :) and THEN... I'm so excited about our homework tonight... LOL! He really seems to be engaged in your class!! Thanks for doing so much fun learning with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too cute Jennifer! You're welcome. We are having fun, working hard. :)

      Delete